Apple finally released iOS 14.7 for the iPhone on Monday. The update brings a host of new features and fixes. The noticeable feature addition among them is the support for Apple MagSafe Battery Pack that was announced last week. This new accessory charges your iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max battery while on the go.
Speaking of which, this possibly paves way for reverse wireless charging to debut in the iPhone 13 this year. Anyways, to update your iPhone, head over to Settings > General > Software Update and check for the iOS 14.7 version. The release notes for the update are outlined below for your reference.
iOS 14.7 official release notes:
- MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
- The Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
- Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
- Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
- Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
- Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
- Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
- Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
To know more about the security enhancements in this update, click here.
The update weighs 926.3 on our iPhone 11. Do chime in the comments section below about your experience with iOS 14.7 on your iPhone. On that note, quite strangely, we haven’t received iPadOS 14.7 on our 2021 iPad Pro M1 (11″). Let’s wait and watch, we’ll keep a tab on that.