- iOS 15.1 Beta 2 is now available for both developers and public beta testers.
- The iPhone 6S and later, iPod touch (7th gen) are compatible with iOS 15!
- Every model of the iPad Pro 12.9 and iPad 11″, iPad Pro 10.5 and iPad Pro 9.7″ (Beta 2 is not available for this model as of now), iPad Air (2nd gen and later), iPad (5th gen and later), and iPad mini (4th gen and later) are eligible to run iOS 15.
Cupertino giant Apple introduced iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 at the WWDC21 event. The update brings in some new features and tweaks as so is more of an evolutionary upgrade this time around. With the new version comes the beta testing phase as usual. Speaking of which, follow this guide on how to register for the Beta Software Program, download and install the first-ever beta of iOS and iPadOS 15.
The Developer Beta along with the Public Beta is available to install now. The Developer Beta requires you to have registered for Apple Developer Program ($99/year). Thankfully, the Public Beta Program is free to sign up for. Speaking of which, you may also install iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Developer Beta without a developer account for free (at your own risk!). Instructions to install the Developer Beta and Public Beta the official way are detailed below.
Back up your iPhone or iPad, first!
This is the first and unavoidable step every user needs to follow before installing a beta release of iOS. We’re pretty confident that you all know how to backup your devices as it’s a self-explanatory process. Yeah! Just connect your iPhone to PC/Mac and fire up iTunes and back up your iPhone as usual.
Sign up for the Apple Developer Program and install the iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Developer Beta
- Launch Safari on iPhone and go to the Enroll page to get into the Apple Developer program.
- Authenticate with your Apple ID and download the Developer Beta profile and install it by going to Settings > General > Profiles. Select the profile and tap Install.
- Go back to Settings > General and select Software Update and check for the iOS 15 Developer Beta.
Sign up for the Public Apple Beta Software Program
- Open Safari on your iPhone and go to the Apple Beta Software Program webpage.
- Tap Sign Up and you’ll be asked to sign with the Apple ID associated with your iPhone. Confirm authentication with your Face ID/Touch ID.
- Accept the software license agreement.
- Scroll down to locate and tap enroll your iOS device.
- Read the instructions or skip to the Install Profile section and press Download Profile and select Allow.
- Go to Settings > General > Profiles to view the iOS 15 Beta Software profile. Tap the profile and select Install. Enter the passcode and restart the device if required.
Install the iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 Public Beta
Provided you have followed the above steps correctly, open the Settings app and navigate to General > Software Update and install and enjoy the iOS 15 beta software.